Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day





Mother's Day is a time when we thank our Mom's for caring for us. We as Mom's remember our first Mother's Day and can't wait for our daughter to have her first. Well today was my daughter's first Mother's Day. We have waited for this day for a long time. This time last year we thought would have been her first but God had a different time table and I know it is shocking but His timing is always the best. This year Brandi got to have her first with two beautiful babies.....one boy, Matthew and a baby girl, Autumn.

I remember my first Mother's Day when Brandi was just a few weeks old, we spent the day going to church with my Mom and then had lunch and took pictures. Well guess what we did that this time also. We had four generations there, me, Brandi, my Mom, Matthew, and Autumn. We went to church together and then had lunch at Brandi's. Matthew was tuckered out and just could not stay awake for pictures but I am sure there will be more oppurtunities. Autumn on the other hand is a Diva and had to see what was going on because has a Diva just could not miss anything.

My son in law Brandon's Mom was also there. So we were all together and I know the kids loved all the attention. Brandi was all smile which it should be. It was the best seeing her so happy and enjoying a day that she had looked forward to for so long. She is a awesome Mom and the role fits her perfectly.

I thank God for giving me a God fearing Mom who taught me about His Grace, how to love, how to be strong. She has been there for me through the good times and the bad. She taught me how to be a Mom. So thank you Mom for everything. I hope that I have been that kind of Mom for my children. Being a Mom is a gift and the best one there is.

So today of all days lets remember our Moms whether we still have them or not. The sacrifices that are made and the love that is shared. Mom and Brandi I love you and so glad you are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment