Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting and Feeling Old

Well I had my appointment with the orthropedist and just as we thought I tore my cartilage in my knee. I will have a scope done on it on the 16th of September and will be able to go back to work on that Monday. Thank goodness I wont be out long. Doing the scope now is my choice since supposedly it will not get worse just more "painful". I have five days in a row off and thought what the heck lets do it then if I can get back to work the next week. Even though it will be sore and I may have a limp it will not be any worse than it is now.

Now you may wonder how I did this. Was it an old sport injury? An automobile accident? Did I fall off of a building? No to all of these. I was just doing some yard work at my house in May. I must have just squatted and turned wrong one too many times. That is how you know when you are getting old. The things you used to do without difficulty now can cause tears in cartilage.

Getting old is not for sissies that is for sure. I refuse to be one so I will keep pushing until I can't anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment