Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grandchildren

I have had my oldest grandson now for two weeks while they are in the process of moving back. He is almost 13 and is ever bit a "teenager". I laughs at things that you say without meaning anything, eats everything in site, and listens to his music fairly loud. Boy do I miss those days at times. It has been great having him hear. He has helped me with yard work and putting things together. He will be in the 7th grade this year and playing football for my alma mater and I can't wait to see him on the field. His younger brother is 10 and likes to read more and be inside so he and I clash at times. I need to work on that one quite a bit. That relationship is harder than the one I have with the older one. I just get frustrated with him easier. Maybe as he grows we can come to a common ground. Then the two smaller ones my daughter has. I am very excited to have at least one granddaughter. I can't wait for things like Halloween, football and Christmas with them if they are still with us. I know it is possible for them to be back with their birth parents but really don't like to think about it. So for now I will enjoy, and cherish the times I get to spend with each and everyone of my wonderful grandchildren...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it is like to have a teenager, but I imagine that it is a challenge as well as interesting.

    ReplyDelete